Please log-in to use search
What Can I Send in my Emails?
There are a few things we want you to know about using our system. We have some rules about lists mailed through us and the sort of content we allow in emails being sent out. Most of it's common sense, and you'll probably agree the rules are pretty easy to follow. As an Email Service Provider, we're required to enforce spam laws. Spam negatively impacts everyone's delivery rates, and we want to make sure your emails reach their recipients.
- You can only mail to a permission based list, meaning a person or organization has given you specific permission to send them emails.
- We do not allow third party lists to be used in our system, including purchased, leased or scraped addresses.
- You are solely responsible for ensuring that your email campaigns don't generate a number of spam complaints in excess of industry norms.
Some industries have higher-than-normal abuse complaints, which can in turn jeopardize delivery in our entire system. This has nothing to do with the legitimacy of your business, but in order to maintain the highest delivery rates possible for all our customers, we can’t allow businesses that offer these types of services, products, or content:
- Escort and dating services
- Pharmaceutical products
- Work from home, make money on online, and lead generation opportunities
- Online trading, day trading tips, or stock market-related content
- Gambling services or products
- Multi-level marketing
- Credit repair and get out of debt opportunities
- Mortgages and loans
- Nutritional, herbal, and vitamin supplements
- Affiliate Marketing
- Sports betting, sports picks, or other sports related gambling
- MMO Sellers (World of Warcraft/ WoW Gold Sellers, Power Leveling Services, etc.)
- List Brokers or Lead Generation content
- Government grant services
- Solar Rebates and Solar energy offers
- Insurance Marketing (Auto, Health, Life, Mortgage)
- Tax Help/Tax Repair, IRS Audit Assistance, etc.
- Online Streaming TV Services
- No emails that offer anything illegal such as sales of illegal substances, solicitation of escort services, or sales of any products or services that cannot be legally sold.
- No pornographic emails.
- No grossly offensive emails with messages promoting hatred, bigotry, intolerance of religious beliefs, racism or any other messages that we may deem to be offensive.
- No images that are not expressly authorized by either VerticalResponse or the owner of the images.
- No emails that introduce any computer viruses, worms or software code that is detrimental to the recipients.
- No emails that include or are spam .
- No emails that are prohibited by applicable law, would constitute a violation of applicable law or be inconsistent with community standards in any jurisdiction in which the recipient resides.
And finally, make sure the images you're using are yours or you've been given permission to use them.
You can't use images within an email, survey or postcard campaign to:
- Sublicense, distribute, transfer or assign any images in connection with any other product except for a VerticalResponse email or postcard
- Reverse engineer, decompile, translate or dissemble any part of the Images
- Remove any copyright notices, trademarks or watermarks from any place where it appears on the Images
- Use the images as part of another trademark, service mark or logo
- Use the images in any way that could be considered by a reasonable person to be defamatory, pornographic, libelous, immoral, obscene or fraudulent, or illegal, either by making physical changes to them, in the juxtaposition to accompanying text or images or otherwise
- Use the images in a manner that includes people as part of any sensitive subject matter, which VerticalResponse will decide. For example, mental and physical health issues, sexual activity or preferences, substance abuse, guns and weapons, crime, suicide, abortion, hate groups, political or religious fanaticism, etc.
Here are the terms of using your VerticalResponse account. To review the policies, click the link below for what you're interested in.
VerticalResponse Terms of Service
VerticalResponse Postcard Terms of Service